Thursday, May 27, 2010

Artful Thursday ~ Week 19

This is the last week of school and things have been quite busy. I'm hoping that after this week, I can dedicate more time to a more detailed project. But for time, Easy Things are the catch-phrase of the day!!!

I don't know about you, but this Pack Rat can always use more storage space!! So with that in mind, I started looking around the house for some items to hold things for my studio. And I came up with these. Wine crates that I got while I was still working at Sam's Club.


Tools: wine crate, paint, sponge brush and bowl of water.
I did a quick wash on these with the blue paint. Just dab the tip of your brush into the water and start spreading the paint. I wanted some of the wood to show through.



So easy, even a 7 year old can do it!!



Attached two hangers to the back



And then I changed my mind about where to hang one of these!!



But I'm very happy with the change in plans. This is our guest bathroom, and there was a big blank wall that I have been wondering what to do with. Now I know :0)


I put the other wine crate into the studio



And added a few of my favorite things. I think I might have to make a few more of these. Unfortunately, they are housing our DVD collection for now. But I want something else to fill that spot, and once I do, then I'll have some more crates!


Happy Artful Thursday
~♥~

1 comment:

  1. perfect shelf idea! i even thought an old drawer might be fun to use too. after it is all painted. happy summer wishes, julie

    ReplyDelete