Saturday, May 22, 2010

Where I'd Like To Be & Thrifting

If I lived in Richmond, CA I would be here today.


And if I lived in Chicago, I would be here.


But unfortunately, I don't live in either one of those places. Just good old Alabama. But I did find some wonderful stuff this past week at the Thrift Store.

Okay, this is going to sound weird, but we don't have a kitchen table. It's a l-o-n-g story, but it has really been bothering me that we sit on the sofa and eat. I always wanted one of those old-fashioned round farmtables. But one has not appeared in my life yet. So, when this little vintage gem showed up, I still snagged it!


A cool 50's era kitchen table. Complete with chrome legs and sides. And extra leaf!!!


And at $20, I just couldn't pass it up. And I almost caused a scene while I was attempting to break in down to fit into the trunk of the Camaro. Seems as if another person was planning on purchasing it and got a little snooty about the fact that I had already paid for it since she had said she wanted it. Believe me, I have been on the other end SO many times, I could only smile, as I hauled it to the car!!



I found a cool vintage Camp blanket...for a buck!!


I recently read about Beacon blankets and think it would be fun to collect them. Not sure how to tell since there is no tag.

This one has a large hole towards the end. I'm thinking about just making a clean cut straight across and hemming the edge.



But after taking these photos, I noticed the hole looked somewhat like a heart ♥


A white vase and tiny saucer.



A finally two vintage folding chairs!!! Just in need of a good scrubbing. And some new fabric. Still pondering about the fabric. There are so many choices.


I love how this one shows where someone lovingly repaired it.

Hope you get to do something fun this weekend!


~♥~

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your finds, Kristal!! all of them! Fabbo week for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the table and the blanket! I'm sure you'll think of a very creative patching solution...and those chairs? Don't you just love to see all the repair work that went into it? It's almost better than having the chair be functional...which I can see by your little tester that it indeed is...Thank you for sharing your treasures!!

    ReplyDelete