Tuesday, August 31, 2010

New Projects

Wanted to share a few new projects I've been busy working on. I have another one, but you will have to wait until September 1st (or a few days later) to see it, as I'm using it for Gitter Done #4.

I have been collecting vintage books for a really long time and have started seeing so many things made from them. Had to try my hand at one of the wreaths.




I had so much fun making the first one, I made a second one for our bedroom.



Back during July when I was cross stitching a little piece for the holiday, Dane had picked out a piece that he really liked. I stored the information away and wanted to surprise him at Christmas with a handmade gift from me. So I purchased the fabric and some new thread colors for this piece. Since the original charted was written before any of the new colors came out, I decided to plan out my own color combo. I made an error with the greys. I purchased "Dolphin" and "Dove" but after holding them up with the others, I want to try again. They have too much blue in them for my taste. I'll need to place another order and try again. But I love the fabric ~ 28 count Relic Lugana!!


And finally, a little bounty from my one little tomato plant that is in a pot two sizes too small!



And I even have a few more blooms on it, hopefully I might get a few more fruit!

Hope your week is starting off good. Hard to believe tomorrow is a new month! Goodness, this year has certainly been flying along.

~♥~

3 comments:

  1. Oh my the wreath is soo adorable.Ive been looking at rag wreaths to possibly make but this is so much prettier.Do you have instructions for these??Wow I would love to make one.I think though the vintage paper is what makes it.Im not sure I have vintage books.Let me know please.Thanks!

    Have a great Wednesday ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness what a beautiful wreath...love it - love both...I have been planning on making one too...but looks hard...well can't wait to see your other project...

    xo
    tina

    ReplyDelete