Friday, July 2, 2010

Vintage 4th of July ~ 2010



I'm thrilled to be participating in this years
Vintage 4th of July party!
While I don't have as much vintage items as some people,
I have a few things.
But mostly, I just love the red, white and blue!

Enjoy~


I'm glad we have a mantle in this house, always comes in handy for decorating.




A vintage Uncle Sam, a vintage Elephant (he's a pencil sharpener!)

You might remember an earlier post for Artful Thursday where the kids & I made the tissue paper flowers. We almost painted the jars ( that was fun! )



The little wooden flags inside the red bottle were cut out by my Papa and I hand painted them...about 18 years ago!



My Papa almost made the cute little red birdhouse. See the little cherries hanging from the cup? Cute!


I've been stitching my little fingers off for the last week trying to get this little sampler finished in time. The design is by Birds of a Feather and entitled: Liberty.


I always grab picture frames from yard sales and thrift stores, you could say I have a "thing" for frames! This one was a hideous orangy color. I brushed on some different reds to give it a warmer feel.


A cute little vignette at the front door. The floral picture was hand painted by my friend Tracey.
And a vintage button bouquet along with all my vintage chickens!


My vintage Statue of Liberty and yes, that was MY little corvette...and I know it's at least 30 plus years old! I usually keep it on my desk.



Vintage red, silver and blue ornaments




Well, that's all I have for now.
I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's
Vintage Red, White & Blue.
I see I have a lot of catching up to do!
BIG
thanks to Joan for hosting this.
I could go live at her house any day!

~♥~


5 comments:

  1. Fun and festive! I like your projects and it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mantel display looks very festive! I have a fireplace wall just like yours except they put black mortar between rather than light - I like yours much better! LOL Have a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristal, I loved all the stories about your vintage 4th of July display. I think that's what makes things precious to us, who made them, who helped us and who we were with when we got them. You have a great display. Thanks for visiting my blog with the Vintage Lady Liberty. I did make her, thanks for your kind comments. I'll be back to visit. Love, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your tissue paper flowers, that is smart. I also love your ornaments in a bowl, that was brilliant. I wish I had thought of it. Your mantel is just lovely. Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my July 4th post. There are more party goes then when I last checked. Have fun with the kids in the rain and good luck with the bugs.
    Susanne.

    ReplyDelete